Hi, I’m Emily Dupen, a deafened singer turned
designer and founder of Dupenny; a bespoke
illustration-led design house since 2009.
After living in Brighton for over 20 years,
I’m now renovating a 1950s bungalow
in the hip British seaside town of
St Leonards-on-Sea, with hubby Jarvis,
baby Arnie (named after Schwarzenegger!),
Jack & Reenie the Siamese cats and
Sssnakey, my pet snake of over 25 years.
On a mission to make the world smile,
my designs are illustration-based and
stem from my love of old school
Hollywood glamour, mid-century Americana,
cheeky late night cabaret shows and the golden days of fully fashioned seamed stockings!
Being a keen advocate for vintage style (not vintage values), I find myself most influenced by the 1920s-1960s not just in my work,
but in my interior tastes, the clothes I wear, my hair and make-up, my choice in travel
destinations and my social circle.
For me "vintage" is not just a trend,
it’s a way of life.
2019 marked 10 years since I turned my
little daydream into a business.
People warned me it would never work,
yet here I still am over a decade on.
The warmup's been fun but I'm only just
If you have a bespoke project in mind, please don't hesitate to Get in Touch.
I welcome creative projects, big or small,
from custom colour-ways to bespoke patterns
and design licensing.
You can see some of my most recent projects Here.
Awards & Achievements
• A selection of Dupenny wallpapers are held in the Wallpaper Archives of the V&A Museum in London, England
• Winner of Best Retro Wallpaper & Accessories Designer 2021 - Southern Enterprise Awards
• Coast to Capital Business Grant - January 2021
• ADEX Award Winner - March 2015
• Subversive Design at Brighton Museum - 2013 (Dupenny wallpapers were selected and exhibited alongside the works of Vivienne Westwood, Alexander McQueen and Damien Hirst for a 2nd time)
• Dupenny's 50's Housewives Wallpaper featured in a book publication named 'Walls Are Talking', available to purchase Here
• Walls Are Talking at the Whitworth Art Gallery - 2010 (Dupenny wallpapers were selected and exhibited alongside the works of Vivienne Westwood, Alexander McQueen and Damien Hirst)
• Shortlisted for Elle Decoration British Design Awards - September 2009
• 100% Design Bursary Award - September 2009
• Winner of Shell Livewire Grand Ideas Award - May 2009